About the Company:
At City+Ventures, people are always making. People are always solving. These are the people who propelled us to the No. 71 spot on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in the nation. But we’re not done. We’re opening restaurants. We’re building car washes. We’re building communities and we need more passionate people to make a lasting impact on the way we do business in the future. If you’re a do-er, if you have passion, and if you have grit, this is a place you can forge your own path.
City+Ventures gives you the chance to make an impact in a variety of industries, including aviation; restaurants; car washes; real estate management; automotive sales; healthcare; community safety and firearm training facilities; pageant production; construction-related businesses; women’s’ professional volleyball; and many more.
City+Ventures is seeking a Manager of Ticket Sales and Service for Nebraska Professional Volleyball, who is responsible for leading and overseeing the sales and service activities within the organization. This role involves developing and executing sales strategies, building relationships with clients, and generating new leads for the organization. The Manager of Ticket Sales and Service plays a critical role in generating revenue, increasing attendance, and enhancing the fan experience.
- Develop and implement sales strategies:
- Identify target markets and develop strategies to book group outings, including corporate events, special occasions, school outings, team outings, and community organizations.
- Assist with the execution of comprehensive sales plans and set ambitious targets for revenue and new lead generation.
- Manage and coordinate group sales efforts along with group experiences with the assistance of other members of the sales team.
- Assist with management of the sales team.
- Recruit, train, and assist with managing a group of sales interns, setting clear expectations, and providing ongoing coaching and support.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team environment within the sales team, promoting motivation and accountability to achieve sales and game day goals.
- Cultivate client relationships:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, including season ticket members, group leaders, and other group & promotions booking contacts.
- Make outbound sales calls to sell a variety of ticket packages including season tickets, group ticket packages, and more.
- Act as the primary point of contact for key accounts, ensuring excellent customer service, addressing inquiries, and resolving issues.
- Collaborate with others on the sales and marketing email and app campaigns to keep fans engaged while increasing the overall attendance at events and selling more ticket packages.
- In-Venue Experiences:
- Manage and execute group experiences on game day.
- Schedule and execute client visits on game days with a focus on relationship development, new revenue generation, and fan experience.
- Oversee the sales interns to assist with managing the marketing/sales table, the execution of fan experience activities at the table, and the coordination of client visits.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders:
- Coordinate with other departments, such as marketing, corporate partnerships, and communications, to ensure seamless execution of sales efforts and new lead generation.
- Provide input and insights to assist in the development of new group experiences, pricing strategies, and customer experience enhancements.
- Collaborate with the marketing, corporate partnerships, and fan experience team to create sales collateral for digital and grassroots initiatives.
- Collaborate with the marketing team; develop and order season ticket member gifts and materials.
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience within professional or collegiate athletics.
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in a ticket sales or promotions role.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to build rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of sales principles, marketing strategies, and customer relationship management.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in using sales CRM software and MS Office suite.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer competitive pay, plus health, dental, life, and disability insurance. Our headquarter office is in downtown Omaha in a professional work environment with company-paid parking; we also support flexible work accommodation where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
City+Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.